( Austin,TX )
President Elect (Portland, OR)
( Arizona )
Anne Carroll: Treasurer (Minnesota)
David Hovde: Federation Representative
Tim Bonnemann: Officer (San Jose, CA)
Leah Jaramillo: Officer
(Salt Lake City, Utah)
(Idaho Falls, ID)
- Working alongside the Mayor and City Council, Larry oversees community engagement, public input, and conflict resolution.
- Mediates disputes for the department of defense, and is a Fellow at the Center for Public Policy Dispute Resolution at the University of Texas School of Law.
- Worked as a freelance reporter for Nation Public Radio stations across the country and is the author of a forthcoming book on the first Truth and Reconciliation Commission in the United States.
- 21 years of experience in public involvement, community based planning, project management, and government relations.
- Established a full service public involvement firm, Gunn Communications, INC. (GCI)
- Elected President of IAP2 USA as well as a representative to the International Board of Directors.
- Doug Zenn has 30 years of experience in the communications field and has developed and managed community involvement, awareness, and education efforts around numerous issues including visioning, transportation, water resources, community-based planning and more.
- Doug has led Zenn Associates’ development of the innovative “Three-Dimensional Public Participation” model (3DP2,) an approach that expands community access to project information and provides unique avenues for community input including the use of new technologies.
- Doug also serves on the executive committee for IAP2’s Cascade Chapter (Oregon and Southwest Washington) and is a certified trainer for IAP2’s public involvement foundations courses.
- Environmental planner who has always emphasized the critical importance of effective public participation in making sustainable decisions.
- She specializes in citing things that nobody wants in their backyards.
- She is a 2011 Board Director of IAP2 USA and treasurer of the Grand Canyon Chapter.
- 25+ years experience in designing authentic participation processes as a public engagement consultant primarily for public sector clients.
- Co-authored with Dr. John Bryson the Public Participation Field book (2008)
- Worked for international engineering consulting firms, tribal and local government agencies, and small independent consulting groups in Arizona, California, Illinois, New York, Colorado, Texas, and Alberta.
- Responsible for public outreach, engagement, and participation activated in the many parts of the Midwest.
- Works closely with local elected officials and staff, landowners, business representatives, community and civic organizations, environmental groups, and affiliated stakeholders.
- Been a member of IAP2 since 2005, and currently serves a Chapter Lead/Chapter Liaison for the IAP2 Midwest Chapter, and is one of two IAP2 USA representatives for the IAP2 Federation board.
- PhD in Human and Organization Systems with 12 years international consulting experience, including seven years working directly with energy industry Majors.
- She earned the IAP2 Certificate in Public Participation and applies the IAP2 principles while applying an integrated approach across the social spectrum of stakeholder engagement and social management throughout a project lifecycle, all in service of sustainable project execution and risk mitigation.
- Kim's experience includes managing and delivering stakeholder engagement activities on complex "mega-projects" and creating strategic direction for worker safety. She also provides training on various social management and communication topics while having worked in the U.S., South Africa, Papua New Guinea, Tanzania, Europe, Philippines, and Russia.
- Founder and CEO of Intellitics, a participation startup based in San Jose, California providing internet technology, consulting and services for high-quality online consultations.
- 10+ years of experience working as a web project manager and online community architect in both Germany and the US.
- In 2007, he joined the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) where he serves as co-chair of the IAP2 Northern California Chapter. In 2010, he completed the IAP2 Certificate Program in Public Participation.
- Principal of Somers-Jaramillo & Associates, a woman-owned Communication Consulting firm in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Received her B.A. in Communication from Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon and her M.S. in Environmental Communication and Public Relations from the University of Utah and has been a senior public involvement coordinator for the past nine years.
- Certified "P2" practitioner and has additional training in group facilitation for public engagement and has managed public outreach for projects large and small, including the Utah Department of Transportation's recent $1.75 Billion I-15 CORE project which is currently the largest roadway construction project of its kind in US history.
- 25+ years of experience in public participation support and group process facilitation specializing in designing collaborative process among diverse perspective on controversial topics
- Established her own company, P2 solutions in 2005
- Certified Professional Facilitator under the auspices of the International Association of Facilitators in 2006 and has been on the U.S. Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution’s roster of environmental facilitators since 2001.
- Public affairs manager for Oregon’s largest citizen owned utility as well as an adjunct instructor at the University of Oregon.
- Certified public participation practitioner and directs a 10 person staff that is responsible for external and internal communications.
- A volunteer for many non profit organizations and was a newspaper reporter and editor specializing in energy, forestry, and environmental news.